The January program is SCHOOL DAYS! and will feature some of our members as teachers of skills and techniques that may interest you!
- How to Tie a Quilt: Donita Link from the Country Strippers Small Group will demonstrate how to tie a quilt.
- How to Make a Bias Binding: Joyce Romick will demonstrate how to cut a continuous bias binding and explain a bias binding’s uses and advantages.
- Stain Glass Window Block: Sandy Bolin-Townes will demonstrate how to make stain glass window blocks using a technique taught by Erica Plank.
- Binding 101: Janeen Pearson and Tamara Watts (both state fair winners) will show different techniques for making that perfect binding!!
- Using an AccuQuiltGo: Sharon Bunce will demonstrate how her Accuquiltgo works and talk about how she uses it.
- Cute and Easy Potholders: Carol Bowers made some clever potholders for the Guild’s Santa’s Workshop Booth. She will show how to make them!
- Self Binding Baby Quilt: Anita Allwood will show a simple technique for making a self-binding baby quilt.
As you arrive for the meeting you will choose the classes you want to attend on a first come first serve basis. There will be three(3) fifteen (15) minute sessions of each class with approximately 10 people in each group. Each presenter is preparing a handout for their class. Although you may not be able to attend the class of your choosing you will receive all of the handouts at the end of the meeting.